Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday is Looking Up

Had another bad night. Even with the anti nausea pill, I could not sleep. My shoulders throbbed in pain. I know this pain is from the chemo and not bed sores.

I got out of bed this morning and Morgan was already up and dressed. When I asked her why, she shrugged her shoulders and said he dad told her to get dressed. Soon after, he came out of his room and invited me to breakfast and to go check out the new gun range with them and my friend Danny and his wife. I thought I would be in a bad mood today because of the lack of sleep, but getting out of the house was just what I needed. Had a good breakfast and it turns out, the new Krav Maga center is right next door to the range! I stopped in and Chris gave me a tour of the new Kav facility. It is awesome! Can't wait to get back to it. Was surprised that he recognized me, but I forgot that he had seen my pictures on Facebook!

We then talked to the owner of the gun range about using their facility for our officer trainings! It would be much more convenient than the places we use now! We did not shoot today.

The bad thing was that I could barely hold the .45 I was looking at. Could be worse! At least I was out of the house!

Toward the end of our visit, I got tired so us girls sat and talked while the guys looked around a bit more.

Patricia, Danny's wife, is a nurse and works at the Sara Cannon Cancer Center where I was. We had a good conversation and I told her how the psychological sickness is worse than the physical sickness these days. For example, getting sick just going to the facility where I get chemo, the smell of saline, and going to my bed when I'm not sick.

We got home before 11:00am. Mike and Morgan are busy cleaning the basement. I am washing my sheets and blankets and sitting outside enjoying the weather.

I told Morgan I wanted to go to see Hotel Transylvania later if our excursion this morning didn't prove to be too much.

So far so good! My shoulders still ache, but the positive psychological effects of getting out we're awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment