Friday, September 21, 2012

Doing What I Can When I Can

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 28, 2012 12:42pm by Renee Albracht

Chemo wasn't too bad yesterday. I asked the nurse to give me the red drug, worst one, first like they did last time. I made banana nut muffins Sunday night and ate a few of those. I credit that along with all the prayer for me not getting too terribly sick.

However, before I left, I took the anti nausea pill that makes me drowsy. The reason I did this is because every time I yawned or sneezed, I felt like I was going to vomit.

So, the only side effects yesterday was an mild upset stomach and fatigue.

Today has gone well so far. I am over the fatigue, but still have the mild stomach ache. When I finally got out of bed, I ate some cereal and watched television with my mom for a bit. Then, I finally got enough energy to get up and work out.

Well, it wasn't much of a workout. I merely went three miles an hour (a slow walk) for twenty minutes. Not so easy to do with a stomach ache, but I did it anyway.

I made up my mind to do what I can when I can. It really upset me last week when I noticed my muscle was really turning to fat. That's okay if there's nothing I can do about it. However, there is at least one week out of two when I can work out. I haven't done so since that one week several sessions ago. If I don't regain my muscle tone right now, that's fine. As long as I do what I can to stay healthy.

It's important for both my physical and mental health.

After my workout, I spent a little time in prayer. I got sad praying last night. I know prayer is not easy and some days don't pray at all during chemo weeks. God has taught me a lot this past week and I have come so far in my faith. I was afraid that I would slide backwards in my faith if I could not continue reading my Bible and pray. I know that is not true because there are so many people praying for me and I don't believe these changes are temporary. However, I will miss Him. So, I determined to pray, too, while I could. Nice time.

One person I prayed for today and that I ask you all to pray for is my new friend, Lorraine. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has her first chemo treatment tomorrow. She is scared, but close to God. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment