Monday, September 24, 2012

Session Eight

I had a great weekend. On Saturday, we went to breakfast then the gun range with friends. It's been a while since I've shot. Mike worked with me on technique. My friend Danny had to load my cartridges. My hands were tender. My right hand usually doesn't hurt from shooting until the next day. This time my hands started shaking early, throwing off my aim. Danny let me shoot his 45. I liked his gun better. The grip was smaller and it had less recoil than my Glock 40. My accuracy improved as well!

When we got home, I read outside. It was such a nice day! Brad called and said it sounded like I needed a nap. I was tired, but I did not want to waste the day. I didn't want to be in bed or the couch when I was feeling so well.

Later that day, Mike, Morgan, and I went to go see Finding Nemo in 3D then went to Dairy Queen!

After church on Sunday, I spent the day with Brad. We watched football then went to dinner at his brother's house. My Titans and Texans won!!! It was a great weekend!

Now, I just started chemo eight. Visit with the doctor went well. He's going to try to give me a new drug to help with the nausea. He says drugs can start losing their effectiveness and that may be what's happened and why the nausea lasted so long last time.

I told him that I can't get a good deep breath in and I have big bags under my eyes. He said my lungs sound good and the pulmonary function test from a few weeks ago was good so he's not concerned. He said chemo has the same effects as a hard workout can have which accounts for the shortness of breath and fatigued eyes.

I told him about the blood in my stool and how it feels like I'm passing glass even when the stool is soft. He said chemo dehydrates the body. I need to drink lots of water and continue taking stool softeners. I probably have hemroids and he wants to give them a chance to shrink. He said no caffeine. I do well not drinking caffeine during chemo weeks, but I drink a lot during off weeks. Guess I have to quit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment