Monday, September 17, 2012

Coming to Terms with the "C" Word

From CaringBridge site:

tten Jun 20, 2012 10:14am by Renee Albracht

I have cancer.

I said that out loud this morning. I said it several times. This morning is the first time I have prayed since before being in the hospital. I said it, I cried, and got the feeling sorry for myself out of the way.
The issue isn't whether or not this is fair or whether or not I acccept it. I have cancer. That is a fact. I may never know why, but through Christ, I can know His will for me in this moment. I may not know what is in store for me tomorrow, but I can live His will for me today.

That was my prayer. At a later time, I will tell of a coworker who has greatly influenced me. His story continues to influence me. In short, he found himself in a very bad situation, a place he did not want to be. Instead of feeling sorry for himself, he simply acknowleged the facts and asked for God to show him His will, what He would have him do in his current situation. That became my prayer today.

After my talk with God, I continued reading the Book of Romans. God spoke to me through chapter five verses three through five:

"...we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverence;and perseverence, proven character; and proven character hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

I cried after reading this scripture. I have read it before and it has brought me peace before. It brought me peace once again. God may not have caused this cancer, but I believe He is going to use it for His greater good. I am excited to see how He uses me and/or changes me and/or others through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment