Friday, September 21, 2012

Another Good Day

From CaringBridge site:
 
Written Aug 11, 2012 5:58pm by Renee Albracht

Another good day today! Really enjoyed my massage. Very relaxing. The best part is how normal it makes me feel. My masseuse treats me like any normal client, even with the loss of hair and swollen eye. Makes me feel good to feel normal!

And the eye...not pink eye, but certainly not pleasant! It swelled up again last night. I'm getting these little pimple looking things on my eye lid. The ones on the bottom have dried up. I now have one on the top eye lid. And, the lashes on my right eye are starting to fall out.

Doesn't bother me mentally, though. I see it as just one more thing. I'm still really upbeat. This week flew by, like all the good weeks do, but I'm not dreading chemo on Monday as bad as I have in the past. This time I know I'm going to be taken care of. With my sister with me, I know I'll eat as I should and I won't be lonely.

I also bought me a speaker thing for my iphone. That way, instead of laying in bed listening to the television, I can plug in my phone and listen to Way-FM. I thought it would be too much trouble to make a CD or download my favorite uplifting songs. Besides, it would cost too much if I downloaded the songs. This way, I get to hear my favorite station and all Christian songs are uplifting anyway.

That's all I have to write for today. Not a lot, but good....oh, and thanks again, everyone, for your posts and encouragement. Terri, I think I'll try that two journal thing. Carol, that class at church sounds very intriguing. When does it start? I may not be able to make it chemo weeks, but I can at least come every other week! Carla, I would love to hear your story some time. And, Michael, "hello." I wrote down my experiences in a journal, but never typed it up. Hope to see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment