Friday, September 21, 2012

Belmont Interview

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 22, 2012 1:38pm by Renee Albracht

Don't have much time today. Taking a little break for a bite to eat then must get back to work. There is so much to do when I am only here every other week.

Today is great, though. I don't know why and I do not care, but by this time on the second week, I do feel like I can climb mountains, just as the doctor predicted I would feel once my blood level was back to where it should be. I feel like I could go 100 miles a minute! Not only am I energetic, but I am focused.

Earlier today, a woman from the communications department wanted to interview me about how Belmont as a whole and those in my department have supported me. She told me of one of her coworkers who also has cancer. He does not look well and is basically bed ridden. She told me how great I looked. I told her that the week of chemo stinks, but during the off weeks, I have been feeling better than I have in two years! I suppose it also helps having a new love for life and appreciation for all the things I used to take for granted. (I will say, I am still not a morning person! Takes me a while to get revved up!)

This morning, I had an eye doctor appointment. My eye still isn't better. I am happy to say that I am smarter than my doctors!!! Just kidding, but I was right about my eye. I never had pink eye. The pores around my eye have simply gotten clogged. Same thing that has happened on other parts of my body where hair grows. That's how I knew what it was...because it was similar to what has happened before...all symptoms of type B Hodgkins. But, it is good to know that my eyes are healthy otherwise!!!

The interview is simply for Belmont use in our Friday FYI emails so I'll post the content when it comes out. She said she would wait awhile. There is a lot of news to get out there with today being the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment