Friday, September 21, 2012

Working Hard and Making Amends

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 24, 2012 4:53pm by Renee Albracht

Been in a super good mood today. Worked until 8pm last night. Belmont hosted the annual student activities fair. It is usually during the day, but this year it was at night. I have a booth to showcase our RAD (rape aggression defense) class. I was super happy that the fair was during an off week. I got the opportunity to talk to a lot of students and get a few interested in the class. Even got a few interested in Krav Maga! Just wish I could teach my class and participate in krav. Soon, though!

I sure need the workout. People have been telling me I look like I have lost weight. My weight on the scale has not changed so I assume the difference in appearance has to do with me loosing muscle. Sure enough, that's the sad truth. I used to have definition. After my shower last night, I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how my toned body has turned into fat. What an ego deflater. Hope it doesn't take too long to get back into shape when all this cancer stuff is over and done with!

Today, I finally got my appetite back. It was as if my stomach was making up for lost time. Had french toast for breakfast with some coworkers. I usually can't finish all of it. Today, I ate it all and was still hungry. Last night, I got a coupon for Noshville Delicatessen. (It is spelled correctly--Noshville--not Nashville) I got a Monte Cristo. It was huge and super greasy! I managed to eat 3/4 of it and still not feel very full! A day or two ago, I would have been full after just 1/4 and wouldn't have even eaten it because the thought of eating something so greasy would have made me sick to my stomach! (I know, not very wise food choices given what I just said about my body. But, after what I go through during chemo weeks, I just want to spoil myself when I'm feeling good! Plus, I rarely do this!)

Had a great day at work, too. There have been so many changes on campus over the past few months. The new law school and residence hall came on line and the church was remodeled into a concert hall. Me and MIke toured the campus. All I can say is WOW!

I also made amends with an old friend. We had parted ways a while back over something very stupid. I didn't think I did anything wrong. However, God kept tugging at my heart to take that first step. Turns out, although my intentions were pure, I came across in a very self righteous and arrogant manner. Hmph...lessons in interpretations.

I thank God, though, that I was open to hear her complaint and see her point. It took Him tearing down my pride in order to get here, though. Hopefully, we can become friends again!

The bad thing about leaving work on Friday is knowing what waits for me on Monday. Oh well. Nothing I can do about that. I'll simply enjoy the weekend and focus on the fact that Monday is the half way point. It's all down hill from here! Plus, Mom gets in on Sunday! It's her turn to take care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment