Friday, September 21, 2012

Tori Takes Care of Me

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 14, 2012 7:18pm by Renee Albracht

What a difference it makes having my sister here with me. My sister not only made sure I ate breakfast, but she gave me a healthy breakfast of fruit and muffin. Later that morning, we went for a walk around the block. Granted, I was wiped out after only one slow stroll, it was nice being outside and having someone to talk to.

While on the walk, I told her how much I miss being outside. I'm an outdoorsy person and since I'm not supposed to be in the sun a lot, I've missed doing some of my favorite things like hiking or going to the lake or the coast with my family. I suffer from seasonal depression and I think I'm going through the same thing now that I go through during the winter since I am cooped up inside so much. She suggested we go to a park for a little while Friday afternoon and she suggested I read outside.

So, when we got back to the house, I took a shower then went outside for my Bible time. I read the Book of James. Quite the right text for the day. Even though I was tired, I continued to read.

Before my doctor's appointment, we went to the bookstore and I got a nice journal like you recommended, Terri. I call it my Eucharisteo Journal, also called thanksgiving journal or gratitude journal. It's small and leather, something I can easily keep with me.

When I got home, my friend Carol came to visit. She brought me a casserole then stayed to chat for a while. It was nice!

After all that activity, I think the shot started to get to me. I was starting to feel bad and awfully tired. Instead of going to take a nap in bed, though, I stayed on the couch. When I realized I forgot to take Ibuprofen and when it was time to take my anti nausea pills, Tori was there to get them for me.

Then, she made me breakfast for dinner--yummy pancakes and fruit. I ate a lot. That was something! I actually had an appetite. I suppose it's easy when there is food there and I don't have to try to figure out what to eat. Takes too much energy to worry about food when I'm not feeling well.

The whole day was something. If I had been alone, I would have spent the day in bed since I didn't feel well and had no one at home to talk to. Had Carol not brought me food and had Tori not cooked for me, I probably would have eaten dry cereal or noodles again. To have been up and about today, even though I didn't feel great and to have eaten three meals today is amazing.

Tuesdays usually aren't that bad anyway, but today is still so much better than normal. Wednesdays are usually bad days, but hopefully, with Tori here taking care of me and encouraging me, tomorrow won't be as bad as last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment