Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Side Effects Linger

From the CaringBridge site:

Written Jul 19, 2012 12:31pm by Renee Albracht

I had good intentions of going to work today. I purposely took no medications yesterday in hopes that I would feel well enough to go to work today. The meds knock me out! No such luck.

I slept most of the day yesterday. I slept most of the night last night. However, when I woke up, most of my body ached. Sore muscles! My right eye hurt. For the past few days, it has itched. I thought it was allergies. This morning, I knew it was the tear duct. It's gotten better throughout the day, but it hurt pretty bad this morning. My mouth has even started to hurt a bit today. Luckily, though, it has not been so bad that I cannot eat or drink like last time.

I decided to go back to bed and hoped to feel better in an hour or two. But, it never seemed to get better. I got up and ate some breakfast and took a shower. Zapped my energy. I took the dogs out and the sun hurt my eyes. I kept hoping to feel better, but I knew driving would not be the best thing for me to do.

Luckily, I can work from home. I zoomed the resolution of my computer to 150 so that I could read the screen and work on website stuff. Unfortunately, that does not cure my desire to get back to work in the office.

We are having an audit today. This is my responsibility and I cannot be there. Tomorrow, there is a new staff orientation, another one of my responsibilities. It kills me to not be able to take care of this stuff. I know others are more than happy to help me out and I know I am lucky to work for a place that is helping me so greatly. However, it still stinks. I want to do my job and hate that I can't.

Other than that, I am doing well. Hopefully, I will be able to make it in to work tomorrow. And, at least I have vacation to look forward to. I leave next week to go to Nebraska for my cousin's wedding. I'm spending extra time at my grandparent's house. I am looking forward to it. I tell people it's like visiting Mayberry. Sit on the porch and say hi to neighbors walking by. Walk downtown to the store. Walk to church. Kids playing outside without fear. Such a joyous and relaxing time! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment