Friday, September 21, 2012

A Better Chemo Session

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 13, 2012 3:06pm by Renee Albracht

My sister will post the details later, but I wanted to come on and say thank you for all the prayers. I did not get sick this time. Yes, my stomach does hurt a tiny bit and I am tired, but nothing like the last times.

They gave me the red drug first right after the Benadryl and anti nausea drip instead of last. I think that helped. I slept through the hour long drip and probably slept off the bad effects of the red drug.

I also brought the raisin bran muffins Carla gave me and ate a few of those. I thought having something in my stomach other than pretzels or crackers would help, but I knew I would not want a
Subway sandwich. I think her muffins helped to settle my stomach.

Above all, though, I credit your prayers.

When we got home, my sister made me a fruit smoothie and I'm sitting on the couch typing this instead of laying in bed miserable. Hopefully, this whole week will be better than last time...and...the next session marks the half way point!

One more blessing...How about this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment