Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Update

I really don't know what to say today, but I know so many of you appreciate the updates.

This session still stinks, but it is better than the past few. The chemo brain wasn't as bad. The sore, achy body is not as bad. The nausea is not as bad. Granted, I still had/have them all, they are nothing in proportion to last time.

I could not sleep last night because of the aches in my neck and shoulders. I am convinced this ache is merely a result of spending so much time in bed. However, it is difficult not to stay in bed when I am as tired as I am.

Brad came and spent several hours with me during the days this week. It was nice to have a friend here. Keeps me from getting lonely. I received a few packages and cards in the mail this week. Those mean the world to me. When I am so far removed from the rest of my life, it is nice to know people are still thinking about me and loving me.

There was a shooting near Belmont's campus the other day. No one at Belmont was ever in any danger. From what I know about the area and what I deduce from the few facts of the incident, I am willing to bet the victim and suspect knew each other. I would bet it was a drug deal gone  bad or some other revenge type shooting. But, that is mere speculation.

I felt bad that I wasn't there to assist and I hate to admit it, I was glad to hear several people asked for me. I am one of the first persons called when something serious happens on or near campus. Not only am I the liaison between Belmont security and metro police, I also have a background in counseling and can assist until any potential victims or witnesses get the help they need. I hate what happened, but am extremely happy that it did not involve the campus and that our guys are so good at what they do and were such a big help to the police. I am glad I was thought about and missed.

This was the first time I did not feel bad for not being there. Don't get me wrong, I really wish I had been there, but I think the talk I had with my boss last week set my mind at ease. Life goes on without me and I am not letting anyone down by not being there.

A woman with the Communication's Department at Belmont sent me a rough draft of the article they are writing for Belmont about how the school and the department are supporting me. Made me cry. I had no idea they spoke with my boss and Mike. They even spoke with one of my nurses who is a Belmont grad. It was touching what she had to say about me and Belmont.

I don't feel great today, but I'm sick and tired of being in bed. I pulled out my laptop and hope to get some work done. Maybe I will be able to sleep better tonight and feel better tomorrow. There are a lot of great movies out I would like to see. Would be nice to get out of the house for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment