Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Update

The chemo session went reasonably well. Like last time, I started to feel sick after the red drug. Also like last time, I was able to sleep off the pain while the last drugs were being administered. Afterward, I took the stronger anti nausea pill to counter attack any coming pain. The doctor did not give me new meds. They already give me the strongest available during chemo. I was given two different kinds for home use - one that makes me groggy and sleep a lot and another that makes me less groggy. I will be taking the stronger ones this round. I would rather sleep than feel so blah all the time.

I slept most of the day yesterday. Brad stayed with me until about 6pm. He took good care of me, made sure I ate, drank, took my pills, and took care of Bailey's needs. It was also nice just having him sit in bed with me and keep me company. I have learned that someone's physical presence with me when I am sick is the most important medicine. He will come back some time this morning.

Bailey got me up some time this morning between 4am - 5am. After that, I stayed awake. I watched a very inspiring movie about a teacher named Ron Clark. Matthew Perry played Ron Clark. I then got up to see Mike and Morgan before they left for the day. Now, I am on my computer and hope to get as much work done today as possible while my head and body feel a okay. If tomorrow is true to form, I will be pretty brain and body dead - worthless for any task!

Before I forget, thank you all for the gifts and prayers. They mean more than you can possibly know.

I see how I am growing and changing because of all your generosity. For example, there is a woman in my Sunday School class who is going through an extremely miserable time in her life. Yet, she took time to think and care for me. She gave me $20.00 to help with food this week. The old me would have argued with her and given it my all not to take her money, especially knowing how much she needs it herself right now.

However, my sister has taught me well. I now know just how important it is for others to be able to help. I even know this first hand. Going through cancer and receiving the love of others has made me want to do the same for others. It does mean a lot to me when others let me help them. The meaning of life - the circle of love - I get it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment