Monday, September 17, 2012

Change of Plans

From CaringBridge Site:

Written Jun 29, 2012 4:15pm by Renee Albracht

Went for my chemo treatment today, but did not get chemo. I had my blood drawn. Good news is that my red blood cells are up, better than they have been since I got sick, which accounts for why I have been feeling so well. My white blood cells, however, the cells that help the immune system and keep us from getting sick, are doing very bad. Chemo effects the white blood cells. I have to get a shot every time the day after chemo to replenish the white blood cells. Since they are closed on Saturdays, I could not have chemo today and have the shot the day after like I need to. So, I will now have the chemo on Monday and the shot on Tuesday. My appointment is at 9:45am on Monday. I don't know yet what time I go in on Tuesday for the shot.

I do not know if I will continue to have chemo every other Monday or not. I assume so, though. I will post the new dates once I know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment