Monday, September 17, 2012

Fellow Worker's Support

From CaringBridge site:

Written Jun 28, 2012 2:47pm by Renee Albracht

Short entry today.

First day wearing wig to work. Could barely tell it was on and no one could tell! But, I told pretty much everyone I came into contact with. No fear!!!

Me and a few others were scheduled to get head shots done for our website today. I was sweating this, knowing that I would not have my real hair. Then, my friend Mike reminded me that he and my other friend Danny would be bald for their head shots. Made me feel better.

My boss, Terry, wanted to get a photo of all the officers who shaved or cut their hair for me. We took those pictures this morning as well. I felt so much love and support from the officers and other staff members in the area. I posted the photos.

The workers in the bookstore gave me a ball cap. I tell you, Belmont is one awesome place to work!
Harry Chapman, a man who works at Belmont, (those who live in Nashville probably know that name) told me about a new type of medical bracelet. It is actually a plastic band with a small zip drive attached that holds all your most current medical information, emergency contact, medications, etc. I went and bought one today. Can't wait to upload it. Makes so much sense!

Have chemo tomorrow at 9:30am. As great as this week has been, I'm not sweating it at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment