Friday, September 21, 2012

Tori's Presence Blesses Others

From CaringBridge site:

Written Aug 18, 2012 1:22pm by Renee Albracht

Dropped my sister off at the airport this morning. Sure was good to have her here. The pain and discomfort weren't much different than normal. I still had bad chemo brain and zero energy on Wednesday. I still ached and slept most of the day on Wednesday and Thursday. I still felt weak and achy on Friday. However, having her here made the week seem to go by quicker. She made sure I ate and ate well. She cleaned the house and did my laundry. She made sure I took not just my anti nausea pills, but also my vitamins. She took really good care of me. Plus, it was nice just knowing someone was here.

On Wednesday, she made dinner for us and for Brad and his mom. She came into town to attend a Neimen Pick conference. Both my niece and nephew have that. Extremely sad! Even though Wednesdays are my worst days (my brain is so foggy I can barely even talk because I can't think straight) it sure was nice to see her!

Tori was even a blessing to Mike and Morgan. My sister is a lot like my dad. She needs projects to do. She likes to stay busy. With Mike's permission, she redecorated Morgan's room. Looks more like a soon-to-be 13 year old's room rather than a guest room. Morgan came home from school surprised and happy!

Yesterday was Mike's birthday. Some family friends came to visit me. They did me a huge favor and brought me a cake for him. Tori decorated the kitchen for him the way she does for her own boys. He came home from a long, busy day at work surprised! It was nice!

I feel much better today. My body still aches, especially my upper back and shoulders and neck. But, it is nice being clear headed and having enough energy to do something other than veg out in front of the couch. Still don't have enough energy to go hiking or anything, but at least I can enjoy a good book today

No comments:

Post a Comment