Friday, September 21, 2012

Little Things Matter

From CaringBridge site:
 
Written Aug 12, 2012 4:01pm by Renee Albracht

I washed Renee Junior (my wig) for the first time after church today! Ha! Looked like a wet cat. Just glad it didn't fight back like a wet cat would have! It actually felt nice washing my hair again, even if it wasn't attached to my scalp!

I am in a great mood again today. Made it to church today and the preacher preached a good one! Went to Sunday School and then to lunch with my friend Tommy afterwards.

It amazes me how much the little things matter. It's not until those pleasures were denied me that I realized just how much they mean to me. While sitting in Sunday School, I thought about my deep desire to move back to Texas and be closer to my family. If I am fortunate enough to be able to do that a year or two down the line, I sure will miss my church family. I have learned a lot from them about the kind of Christian I want to be. I will miss them dearly!

Tomorrow is chemo number 5 and I also get the results from the CT scan from Friday. Please keep me in your prayers. Also, please pray for my friend, Cheryl. She finished chemo shortly before I started. She is now sick again. I don't know all the details, but she was in some kind of pain and had to have surgery on Friday. One person mentioned she was going to have to undergo more chemo. I can't imagine thinking you were finished just to find out the cancer returned. It's hard enough going through it the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment