Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting Harder to Bounce Back

From CaringBridge site:

Written Sep 15, 2012 6:28pm by Renee Albracht

It's been a while so I thought I should get online and let everyone know how I am doing. True to form, no chemo session is exactly alike. This time, the chemo brain went away pretty quickly. I stayed in bed most of the day on Wednesday, but unlike the last times, I barely slept. I was out of bed on Thursday already. However, I didn't make if off the couch!

On Friday, I attempted to go run some errands. Well, I managed to run those errands, but it took everything out of me. A short trip to Goodwill with my dad zapped my energy. My right arm ached terribly. It was excruciating. Hurt to do anything. Felt like someone was wringing my arm like it was a wet towel. Because of the pain in the arm, I did not sleep well Thursday or Friday nights.

This morning, I thought I was better. I felt well and although my arm still hurt, it was not so unbearable. I even had an appetite so we all went to IHOP for breakfast. Soon after coming home, though, I started feeling sick again. The nausea has lasted a lot longer than normal this time. It is hits me on Wednesday and is usually gone already by Thursday, with a short duration on the Monday of chemo. This time, it hit during chemo and hasn't left yet. The pills didn't seem to do any good so I quit taking them. They make me groggy. Dad thinks the flu shot may be responsible for this. The doctor did say I may get sick from it. Luckily, though, I have not had any fever, only hot flashes!
My shoulders have started to hurt so I sat up in bed and watched movies most of the day. Laying in bed sitting up on pillows is more comfortable than sitting or laying on the couch.

I also feel like I could vomit at any time. Every time I burp, I feel like I'm about to vomit. I kind of wish I would. Maybe I would feel better if I did.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I am going to be a part of the church service tomorrow. Granted, it is a very very small role, I still want to be there. I also love Sunday School and my friend Carol invited me and my dad to lunch. At this point, I think I'll be lucky to make it through church. Hopefully, though, the nausea will miraculously leave me and I will feel more normal again tomorrow. If not, oh well. What can I do? Only five more sessions...God willing.

Monday is also supposed to be a busy day. I have the first session of my self defense class starting. I wanted to lead this one. It's only lecture. But, the class doesn't start until 6pm. I have a busy day before that. There are two big projects waiting on me. People have been great waiting on my timeline. I sure hate to let them down. Please pray that I can get through Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment