Thursday, October 4, 2012

Presidential Nominees vs. Larry the Cucumber

After deliberating for a few days, I elected to stay home last night to watch the debate rather than go to church. I had been looking forward to the debates for some time. I rather enjoy watching the debates, especially after working one of them almost four years ago to the date.

Before watching the debate, Mike, Morgan, and I went to Dairy Queen for ice cream, something we do quite regularly these days. It was my suggestion. The day had been quite stressful. Started out rough. Every once in a while, I have a hard time taking deep breaths. When I can't breathe well, I sometimes start gagging, especially when I brush my teeth.

Yesterday morning, I woke up early. Since I was up early, I ate a bowl of cereal. (I usually eat poptarts at when I get to work.) Since I ate breakfast early, I vomited when I started gagging.

When I walked to my car to leave for work, I noticed my right front tire was flat. After filling it up, the shake that had developed got worse. Had to take my car to the shop. At work, I was having a very difficult time getting the crime stats tables right on our annual security report. Once I got those fixed, I had trouble getting it uploaded onto our website. I grunted out load several times and felt like banging my head against the desk. It was just as odd and stressful for Mike and Terry.

At lunch, Mike said he likes to buy something when he's stressed. He had the urge to go buy a new motorcycle. My urge is more practical, but just as unhealthy. I like to eat, especially treats. Between the stressful day and funny feeling at the back of my throat, I thought ice cream would soothe both my throat and my nerves.

On the way home, we got to talking about creepy child acts like Barney and the Wiggles. I brought up the best child act ever - Veggie Tales. I asked Morgan if she knew the Hairbrush song. Mike laughed and said it was a very fitting song for me right now. Got me to laughing. Said I needed to make that my ring tone!

So, we get home and I got set to watch the debate. However, I couldn't enjoy it like normal. As a matter of fact, it was driving me crazy. It was like listening to two siblings squabbling, trying convince Mom and Dad that it was the other's fault that the window broke.

I could already tell Romney won. Besides, I already knew who I was going to vote for and why. So, I pulled out my cell phone and attempted to find the Hairbrush song to make it my ring tone. Turns out to be quite simple, but it was very confusing for me, having never installed a non-custom ring tone. I then pulled out my laptop in order to google instructions on how to do it.

Before I knew it, the debate was forgotten. Larry the Cucumber won the fight for my focus and attention!

I stayed up until midnight and was still unable to figure it out. I decided to stop and try again with a fresh mind today. I finally figured it out!

My first phone call was my mechanic to tell me my car was ready. (I had to take it back today. Yesterday, they could not find anything wrong with the tires. They merely rotated them. The wobble moved from the front to the back, making it obvious to me that there was something wrong. They did a more thorough inspection and found the tread was separating from the tube.) When my phone rang with the new silly ring tone, Terry and Mike started laughing, making me laugh.

I have figured out that I use humor to get through cancer. I laugh and joke so much more than ever before these days. I make fun of myself and my situation. Veggie Tales is a good way to make me laugh.

I vote Larry for president!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment