Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Difficulty Breathing

Last night before bed, I washed my nose out with salt and warm water. Supposed to help the allergies. I have a saline wash, but will not use it because of how the smell of saline makes me sick. The salt water not only cleaned out my nose, but it also took the saline smell out of my nostrils. Almost immediately, my nausea left me. Note to self: wash my nose out after each doctor visit or any time the smell of household cleaners makes me feel sick!

My Texans won last night. Not quite the blowout it should have been, but a win is a win. Woo hoo!

For the past few weeks, I have had a little trouble breathing. It wasn't bad. Just could not seem to be able to take a deep breath or yawn fully.

Today, it is much more intense. I breathe okay when I am sedentary, but if I do even the slightest thing like take a shower, gather my clothes and put them in the washer, or walk up a small flight of stairs, I feel winded, as if I had just finished running for miles.

Even though I had an appointment to get my shot today, I went ahead and called my nurse this morning. I told her about it and asked if I could have another pulmonary function test just to calm my nerves. My allergies are really bad and I know this could be adding to the problem, but it would give me peace of mind. I have not had this much trouble breathing since before I was diagnosed with cancer.

When I arrived for my appointment, she checked me out and said I sounded good. Dr. Meluch checked me as well. He said my lungs and heart sound good, but since he planned on scheduling another pulmonary test soon, he would go ahead and do it now for my peace of mind. My test will be on October 19. He wants to get a real reading. That is why the test will not be right away. The chemo needs to get out of my system some. He said chemo has the same tiring effect as if I ran five miles. This made me laugh and made me feel better. I couldn't even run five miles when I was healthy!!! (I really like my doctor.)

Other than the breathing problem, I have had a great day! Got several hours worth of work done this morning from home. I went to Petsmart and picked up some things for Bailey's 7th birthday next Monday, October 15th. I am not nauseated and although I have been taking the nausea pills that make me sleepy, I have not been overly exhausted. My doctor also said that my body can build up a tolerance for the pills.

Wednesday is usually my bad day and Thursday and Friday usually aren't much better. I am hoping that since yesterday and today have been better than normal, the rest of the week will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment