Thursday, October 25, 2012

Delayed Reaction

It hit about 3pm yesterday. Before then, I felt a bit sluggish, but nothing like what I normally feel the Wednesday of chemo week. Brad came over to visit me. Very sweet considering it was his birthday. I took a short nap while he watched television and he left after dinner. Although I did not fall back to sleep for a while, I went back to bed after dinner.

This morning I woke up and could immediately tell that things had gotten worse. Granted, I am still not as bad off as I have been during chemo weeks, but it is still a step backwards. I can tell my brain and my body have slowed. I'm not quite me today. I stayed in bed longer than normal and have not been able to enjoy the great brain activity that allowed me to read and work on the computer for so long yesterday. I do count myself blessed that I have been able to focus on movies and have not been reduced to mindlessly staring at the television screen. I am even able to be on the computer right now, even though my thought processes are slowed.

Still no nausea. That, too, is a blessing. Hopefully, I will still bounce back quicker than past sessions. I am still doing mentally well. The end is in sight, which makes all the rest bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment