Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So Far So Good

After a very productive evening, I didn't sleep well. First of all, my brain would not shut down. I kept thinking of all the things I needed and wanted to get done:

  • work on my proposal for the fundraiser
  • plan my gifts I want to give the TN Oncology staff on my last chemo
  • things I needed to get done for work
  • hoping I felt well enough to come to work for our staff meeting
I started writing scripts in my head and making plans. I asked God to remind me of these ideas and also asked that He not interfere with the increased brain activity. I wanted to enjoy it for as long as possible. (Still going strong today!)

When I finally fell asleep, I did not sleep well. I had minor night sweats. It wasn't enough to soak the sheets, but it was enough to be an annoyance.

I woke up around five this morning with a stomach ache. I was hoping it was a simple gas stomach ache like last night, but it lingered. I lay there trying to decide whether or not to get up and come in to work.

A Dolphin's Tale actually made up my mind. I knew everyone would understand if I didn't show up. No one really expected me and Mike even planned on getting the donuts for me. But, I really wanted to go and be a part of it. I talked to Mike and he said he would bring me back home if I started to feel bad.

Back to the movie. If you have never seen it, you should. I thought, if an 11 year old boy could do what he did, if an injured man can gain the courage to learn to walk and swim again, if a dolphin can learn to swim with a prosthetic fin, I can make it in to work with a stomach ache!

I sent Brad a text and told him my plans, that I would let him know whether he needed to pick me up at work or at home before my 2pm shot appointment.

So, I came in to work--with the donuts--and sat at the back of the room in case I needed to go to the restroom or leave for any reason. I made it through without a problem. I am still at work now! Don't know if I'll make it until this afternoon, but it's good to be out of the house!

I have been communicating with my sister about getting shirts made to help me pay off my medical bills. I have come up with a shirt design, but plan to wait until I get the official "cancer-free" report before I get them made.

I want to make lime green shirts (for lymphoma). The front will say - Renee's Brigade: Fighting Against Lymphoma. The back will say "We Won" and have a picture similar to the figure on the left:

 
I will most likely charge $15.00, depending on how much they cost to make. My question to you all:
 
Who wants a shirt and what size would you want? You do not have to pay now. I simply want to get a feel for how many and what sizes to order.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment