Sunday, March 24, 2013

One Falsely Accused

Yesterday I said I needed something from God. I did not know what I needed, but I needed something. Today is Palm Sunday. The sermon was about peace...God's peace. In Sunday school, we continued to discuss Jesus entering Jerusalem...one falsely accused.

We had a special guest give his testimony in Sunday School. A relative of one of our members joined us and thanked the class for the prayers. He had spent more than 70 days in prison for a crime he did not commit. He compared his experience to that of Joseph, another person falsely accused. He shared his joy in realizing how God used this terrible experience to bless Joseph's family and many others. He shared his excitement in seeing how God will use him in a similar way. He told how the day he found out he was going to be free, his family had gathered in prayer and fasting.

What a blessing to be able to see first hand the power of prayer.

After class, I thanked him for his testimony. I told him how I told God I needed something and how I thought he was that something.

Did I have a miraculous healing or change of mood? Nope. Has my spirit been uplifted? Not exactly. Do I feel better about things? Not yet.

How, then, do I know the testimony of one falsely accused is God's gift, giving me that something I needed? It restored my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment